As a dating coach I often have to level with people about why they aren’t dating the people they really want to date and what it’s going to take to get the relationships they want.
10 reasons why you’re not dating the people you want to date
Provided below are 10 common reasons singles aren’t dating the people they want to date. The links below are provided for Lasting Love Academy members to learn how to break these patterns. Log in or join today.
1. You’re NOT pursuing the people you really want to date. Instead of taking action and flirting or pursuing a conversation or telephone number you’re letting your fears get in the way and stop you.
5. You’re waiting for the best option to appear and acting like a window shopper or a browser in your relationships (instead of a buyer). This leaves you wandering from one shop (or relationship) to another worrying about missing something better. In the end, you never buy (or love deeply), you just keep shopping (and losing love).
7. You’re making excuses and engaging in thinking errors that are driving others away.
8. You feel inadequate or insecure and so you doubt that you can get or deserve more from your relationships.
9. You keep dating the bad boy or toxic girl or wasting your time giving the best of you to those who don’t invest in you.
10. You don’t realize that you’re misreading social interaction and as such triggering rejection.
4 ways to learn more
Alisa Goodwin Snell is a dating and relationship coach who spent 17 years as a marriage and family therapist. She’s written 7 books for singles, created numerous audios, videos, and articles, is a popular public speaker, and has been on over 100 TV and radio programs nationwide. Learn more.
- Get Stage 0, which will lay a foundation for you to move forward
- Get the Relationship Package (if you are already in a relationship), so you can lay a more solid foundation while also learning how to enhance your current relationship
- Get Everything, because you are not currently in a relationship and need to learn how to lay a solid foundation and navigate all 5 stages of the dating process.