4 ways to learn more
Alisa Goodwin Snell is a dating and relationship coach who spent 17 years as a marriage and family therapist. She’s written 7 books for singles, created numerous audios, videos, and articles, is a popular public speaker, and has been on over 100 TV and radio programs nationwide. Learn more.
- Get Stage 0, which will lay a foundation for you to move forward
- Get the Relationship Package (if you are already in a relationship) so you can lay a more solid foundation while also learning how to enhance your current relationship
- Get Everything, because you are not currently in a relationship and need to learn how to lay a solid foundation and navigate all 5 stages of the dating process.
- Men seek out relationships that make them feel trusted and respected.
- Men love through sacrifice.
- Men are largely logical about their relationships and commitment. Thus, they do not commit easily to things they have not invested in over a period of time.
- Men are driven to succeed, face challenges, compete, and conquer.
- Men like women who like themselves.
- Men love to be heroes.
- Men like being appreciated.
- Men like femininity.
- Men like women who have opinions and assert their needs.
- Men pursue women who are approachable and appear to be available.
- Good men want sex with a woman who feels good about having sex with them and will wait until marriage (out of respect for her or their values).
- Men need to be needed.
- Men are repelled by criticism, nagging, and whining.
- A man experiences anxiety in every conversation a woman initiates until she tells him what she wants him to do.
- Men bond through doing activities and talking about things more than they do through talking about people, problems, feelings, or ideas.
- Men adore women who give them love, attention, and affection.
- Men are often willing to talk openly and honestly, when they feel it will help them or another person.
Snell, Alisa Goodwin, L.M.F.T. (2008) Dating Game Secrets for Marrying a Good Man. Bonneville Books, Springville, UT.
- Women thrive when they feel safe and secure.
- Women love through sacrifice but need a man to communicate his needs if that sacrifice is to be helpful rather than hurtful or over-responsible.
- Women read into a man’s behavior, get excited, assume commitment, and then get hurt when he pulls away due to the added pressure.
- Women are critical of their bodies and fear competition from other women.
- Women are attracted to strength and confidence.
- Women are turned off by men who are too nice.
- Women often fall in love with friends.
- Women like to be pursued and to feel wanted.
- Women enjoy touch, kissing, and affection but feel vulnerable and prone to shame after sexual contact.
- Women want men who hold off sexually. It makes a woman feel respected and wanted rather than feeling like an object.
- Women want immediate relationships but trust and value slow-progressing relationships.
- Women long to feel adored.
- Women are repelled by moping, brooding, and the silent treatment.
- Women worry. They need to know they are not alone in dealing with the problems of the relationship.
- Women who don’t trust and respect their men fall out of love, especially if there is no communication.
- Women like gifts, surprises, reasonable spontaneity, and excitement. The extra effort makes them feel special.
- Women would rather have open and honest communication about misdeeds than to be protected from the truth.