Unfortunately, a woman may mistakenly believe that
- If she walks across the room to meet him, he’ll be more interested in her;
- If she is excessively and easily available, he’ll want her;
- If she is his friend, he’ll eventually fall in love with her;
- If she takes care of him, he’ll appreciate her;
- If she provides sex, he’ll commit to her;
- And much more.
- He likes the challenge of pursuing you, especially when you act feminine, soft, warm, and loving. He likes to compete, conquer, succeed, and face challenges; thus, he enjoys a relationship more when he feels like the pursuer rather than the pursued. A warm, flirtatious smile with brief eye contact is often enough to bring him across the dance floor, library, park, or more. If you give him lots of warmth, make your interest known, and avoid lingering in the conversation too long, he’ll feel intrigued by your confidence and eager to get your number so he can discover more about you and take you on a date.
- He needs your faith and trust in him and in his competence. Show your faith and trust in him, and in his ability to play his role by being happy, busy, and confident. Remind yourself that if he is interested, he will call and he will pursue you. Believe in his ability to know what he wants and to pursue it. Don’t waste your time analyzing his issues and how to heal them. Trust that he is man enough to do that for himself.
- Sacrificing for you (not getting sex) makes him love you. Sacrifice is deeply connected to love. If you are excessively available, eager to please, quick to meet his needs, and reluctant to express your feelings or needs, you will deny him the opportunity to sacrifice for you. This will turn him off to you and the relationship due to your lack of faith and trust in him, while also preventing him from developing a deep love for you.
- He won’t pursue commitment if he doesn’t feel like a success in the relationship. He feels like a success in the relationship when you show him you need him, when you express appreciation, when he feels like your hero, and when he can see that his meeting your needs makes you happy. He appreciates your feelings, opinions, and needs, but he prefers to hear your complaints stated in loving, positive ways that don’t include criticism, nagging, and whining.
- He needs to express his feelings and feel your respect for them if he is to remain passionate about you and the relationship. Men have feelings too. If a man doesn’t express negative feelings or says no sometimes, he will stow away his more passionate, personal, and intimate feelings. A good man will do his duty, go through the motions, and try to forgive in order to keep the relationship going, but if you want him to be passionate about you, you will need to understand and respect his feelings and sometimes accept a no without getting upset.
Sign up for e-mail updates to get weekly e-mail announcements and a free copy of the 17 Secrets to the Male and Female Psychology.
Or join our e-mail subscription list (in the upper right column), which will notify you every time new dating advice or posts are added to ItsYourTechnique.com.